With the aid of Netgear Arlo Cameras, one can enjoy event-based video clip recording via smart home monitor & live streaming video within things & rooms. New age arlo cameras include motion sensor capabilities. Other than this, they are also compatible with Smartthings hub v1, Samsung smart things hub v2, Samsung connect to home, at security hub & smart things link for NVIDIA shield. Here in this article, we are discussing smart things classic & methods to connect it with cameras. You can also join our Netgear Arlo Support, to know more about it.
Important: You can only connect cameras on arlo account to single smart things location.
Arlo camera versions which work with SmartThings classic
- Netgear arlo wire-free HD security camera
- Arlo wire-free pro HD security camera
- Arlo Q HD security camera
- Netgear arlo Q plus security camera( high definition)
For connecting wire-free & wire free pro cameras, there is a requirement of Netgear base station. Secondly, arlo devices require arlo firmware in order to maintain complete functionality within smart things.
Steps to connect Netgear arlo camera with smart things hub:
1: Set up an Arlo Account
Download app from Android or iOS & then create arlo account.
2: Install Arlo camera
Follow user's guide of arlo camera in order to proceed installation and manage wi-fi connectivity.3: Connect the camera via smart things classic app
Tap option, "Marketplace"-> Under, "Things" tap, "cameras"
- After that choose Netgear arlo camera
- Then tap connect now, then tap field saying to submit arlo credentials.
- Now sign in using arlo mail id & password, accept the agreement for connecting arlo account with smart things app.
- After tapping option, "Done" choose a camera which you want to connect with smart things app.
- Finally tap option, "done" to complete setup. For connecting additional Netgear arlo cameras:
- Tap marketplace, and then choose option cameras under option, "things".
- Choose Netgear arlo camera->Tap connect now
- After that tap uses these arlo cameras. After that choose a new camera and tap done to save again.
Hope, the description on arlo is quite helpful for you. In case you've any doubt or getting any technical issue, you can join Arlo Help from our trusted & experienced staff.
The objective of the article is to discuss major significances of arlo camera, their compatibility guidelines with smart things app and smart things classic app.