Whenever we say Luxury, it is more or less related to expensive goods. The luxury industry is itself competitive and is growing at a fast rate. An education in luxury business management will teach you about luxury brand management, fashion research, trend forecasting, marketing, retail management and brand management.
Luxury brand management course is slowly transforming the way we now look upon the luxury goods and management industry. Through this course, students will learn what the brand’s purpose is and how it can offer a broader demographic, sociological and cultural landscape. The future brand managers will investigate the emerging values attached to the concept of luxury.
They will learn to recognise individual customer behaviours and social patterns and look at the various insights to support luxury brands in developing the strong point of views, essential values, strong emotional connections, through engaging and memorable experiences.
However, there are specific skills that you need to be a specialist:
1. A passion for the industry.
2. An eye for the research and updates of the latest trends in fashion and the entertainment industry.
3. A keen interest for self-explanatory details
4. Business acumen
5. Project management and communication skills.
The course focuses on the following:
1. Managing the historical, contemporary, psychological, anthropological, and sociological aspects of the fashion industry
2. Learning management and marketing strategies and skills for fashion and luxury companies
3. Developing useful communication skills for the world of luxury and fashion
4. Teaching the modus operandi for fashion research and design
5. Observing the factors that contribute to the economic performance of a brand or a company.
6. Branding your work and developing your professional identity
However, there is no better way to gain the experience than actually working on it. Till the time you don’t get to explore the professional areas of your respective profession, you cannot succeed. An institution that gives you first-hand experience of the industry, wherein you are made to understand the skills, aspirations with the needs of design and service companies, public institutions, design studios and creative consultants. You will have the opportunity to practice what you have learned during the academic year in a real working environment.
One such institution is Pearl Academy offering Global Luxury Brand Management course. The course offers extensive knowledge throughout a course of 3 year with extensive theory and practical based programmes. The assessments are such that make the students industry ready. To know more about the course structure and placements log on to their official website.