Post available to Premium Members only. Please upgrade your account in order to apply.
There is a series of statements that give us the biggest cyber fight we have seen in a while.
1)First one by NHSMUN
2) Then Best Delegate follows,
3) Then this one where pretty much every big mun association joins the game,
4) The clarification provided by FWWMUN's organizers.
Here is what I don't understand:
1) How was it possible for one of the oldest MUN companies, that being Best Delegate, to not research in depth before accepting anything? Mistakes happen, but when you are the equivalent to the love that Hermione had for Hogwart's library your protocol must be impeccable 24/7.
2) To read the 3rd letter, you have to know what you are looking for otherwise it's not publicly available whereas FWWMUN has quite detailed explanations listed and is willing to clarify in detail. In comparison, the 3rd letter reached me via inbox. Again, I am not aware if it was e-mailed to affected people but wouldn't be better to have something publicly available for many other reasons as well, let's say stop the gossip about it or we want to have gossip about it?
3) Every statement contradicts several aspects of the other side but there's one thing in common, that being promotional activities and their exclusivity.
4)Why online announcements instead of privately working your issues out? I understand that high school and university circuits do not communicate a lot but in the university section, this situation became broadly known via Best Delegate's webpage. Also, if you read letter n.2 you see no justification for the reasons that led to said withdrawal. Personally, I still have not understood who makes up WFMUNA's registry and current members but this may come to light later on.
I do not know who is refusing to discuss and work this dispute out but phrases coming from Trump's land like " seems it will be happening this year", "so unnecessary of them to inform you.." bring me to the conclusion that this is a clear sign of mun decay. We refuse to fully boost game theory and instead we prefer to do things the old-fashioned way, under the table and behind closed doors. It is obvious that there is a situation going on, but for the activity's sake, please come up with a solution in private and use the internet as your last resort with well-justified answers.
Update-10/4/2018: reporting another MUN happening inside a UN venue for "logistical malfunctions" could actually lead to having no MUNs inside UN venues instead of simply banning one from its grounds. On another note, (this is for the alpha males of the previous paragraph) if you want to complain about someone do it with arguments, do not just cry on my inbox how much you dislike someone, because the next time you do so I will screenshot the chat and upload it here as well.