Post available to Premium Members only. Please upgrade your account in order to apply.
1. High nutritious value of Hemp Although a nut, the seeds of hemp and consequently the edible made from it are high in nutrition. It has a nutty flavor and many times referred to as hemp hearts. It contains 30 percent fat and is quite rich in essential fatty acids like alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3) and linoleic acid (omega-6). It also contains a small percentage of gamma-linolenic acid which is known to offer a lot of health advantages. It is also a good source of proteins which is especially good for people who are into active sports. It not only offers Vitamin E but various minerals like potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, iron, calcium, Sulphur and zinc.
2. Protects from Heart Disease Herat disease is considered as one of the major reasons behind deaths all over the world. It is important to note that consuming hemp seeds can lower the risk of heart disease through different mechanisms. It has high amino acid arginine amount which is responsible for producing nitric oxide in the body. It helps in dilating and relaxing of blood vessels which results in lowering of blood pressure thereby leading to a reduced risk of heart disease.
3. Cures many skin diseases The fatty acids found in Hemp affects the body’s immune responses. It helps in balancing Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. Since it contains essential fatty acids and is a good source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, it has an ability to cure various skin problems. It is one of the best Organic Hemp Oil Benefits. People suffering from eczema get a remarkable improvement in blood levels with essential fatty acids. It also brings a lot of relief to dry skin condition, reduces the need for skin medication and improves itchiness.
4. It is a good source of Plant-based protein Protein forms almost 25 percent of calories in hemp seeds which is higher than normal standards. It provides proteins as much as lamb or beef by weight. It is as such known as the optimal protein source and as such it provides complete amino acids that are essential for the body. It contains cysteine, methionine, glutamic acid, and arginine. It is easy to digest and absorb.
5. Reduces Menopause and PMS Symptoms A majority of women lying in reproductive age suffer from a variety of emotional and physical PMS or pre-menstrual syndrome symptoms. As per studies conducted in this field, hormone prolactin is responsible for this heightened sensitivity. This effect of prolactin is reduced by gamma-linolenic acid found in hemp seeds that produce prostaglandin E1. Women who took Hemp edible for a regular period were found to suffer from a remarkable decrease in PMS and menopause-related symptoms. Symptoms like tenderness and pain in breast, irritability, depression and fluid retention are reduced ensuring normal life for women.