The periodic question which is hesitating in anyone mind is what is the
difference between Manager and Leader?.. But before start, let’s watch this
In this video .. The leader didn't help the member, But he started to think how to get the best help. And finally he joined the group to support them.
Here under some differences between managers and leaders :
- Managers want stability ... Leaders want the change.
- Managers make the rules ... Leaders break the rules.
- Managers execute the culture .. Leaders shape the culture.
- Managers avoid conflict ... Leaders use the conflict as an asset because they understand that there is no movement without friction.
- Managers like to go down the existing road .. Leaders like to go a new road.
- Managers take credit .. Leaders give credit.
- Managers make the decisions .. Leaders gently facilitate the decisions.
- Managers tell the vision .. Leaders sell the vision.
- Managers say go .. Leaders say let's go.
- Managers push .. Leaders pull.
* Every leader is a manager, But not every manager is a leader.
So you have to go deep in yourself to know who you are ( a leader or a manager ).
But you know ... Everyone can be a leader by improving his leadership skills. So don't stop improving and developing yourself.
People don't want to be managed, They want to be led.
Good Quotes about leadership :
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. ( John C. Maxwell )
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader. ( John Adams )
- People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. ( John C. Maxwell )
- True leaders don't create followers, but they create more leaders.
You can check this PDF file for more inform