As of now, the MiMUN secretariat is complete, but there's still time to participate either as a Delegate or as a Press Team member. Applications are open until the 30th of September 2015, so hurry up!
The following list of topics on the United Nations agenda will make up the Model’s topics of debate:
SECOND COMMITTEE: Economic and Financial Affairs
- International trade and development. (A/RES/68/199)
- Information and communications technologies for development. (A/RES/68/198)
THIRD COMMITTEE: Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Affairs
- Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network (WHO).
- The Incheon Declaration. Towards quality education for all from 2015.
- Threats to international peace and security caused by terrorist acts carried out by groups such as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), the Al-Nusrah Front (ANF) (S/RES/2178 (2014), S/RES/2133(2014) and S/RES/2199 (2015))
- The situation in Yemen (S/RES/2204 (2015) and S/RES/2201(2015))
- Implementation of the outcome of the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) and strengthening of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) A/RES/68/239
- Protection of the global climate for present and future generations of humankind A/RES/68/212
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL(English)
- The right to privacy in the digital age (A/HRC/28/ L.27)
- The right of persons with disabilities to live independently, be included in de community on equal basis with others. (A/HRC/28/L.5)