- It is advisable to have ideas of what you want to accomplish in your mind. Decide what you are willing to negotiate and what you are not.
- You will need support. The easiest way to find allies is to find delegates in your regional bloc. Don't hesitate to disclose your ideas, and make sure to say when an idea they have is against your country's policy.
- Negotiate. Make sure that you don't give out something too important. Also, listen! By listening to others you will be to add to the discussion.
- Remember, although you are passionate, don't be rude. Don't interrupt. Be calm and professional. Show respect.
- When talking among your small group, write down all the ideas. Don't wait for the last minute. Use time effectively, make sure that you have enough to hear everyone's ideas.
- Establish a connection with other delegates instead of calling them by their countries. It is respectful, and a pretty good strategy for getting people on your side.
Also, be sure to check out our free eBooks: