Post available to Premium Members only. Please upgrade your account in order to apply.
Since you are already in class, turn the phone off and take pen and paper out, no I was not born in the middle ages but science agrees that when we physically write something our brains absorbs and retains that piece of information for later use. So how will you win at making the most out of your class?
1) Find a good spot and keep it. Be close to the professor so you can hear better and avoid
2) Be equipped, black and red pens (my favorite combination, if you fancy a pink and green be my guest) and an easy to carry notebook.
3) If you have a textbook or print out material always have them with you and link them to your notes.
4) Create your own personal abbreviations to save time and write all of them the first page of your notebook.
5) Have different sections/notebooks for each course, it saves a lot of time during the exam period.
I cannot stress how important good note taking is, it will save you a lot of time, stress and energy spent during exam period. It takes time to find your own style of note taking but once you perfect it, you might even be stress free and have time to go out for a drink the night before the exam.