1. When and where will The Webster Model United Nations Conference (WebMUN in further text) happen?
WebMUN 2016 will take place the 15th-17th of October at Palais Wenkheim, the beautiful Webster University Vienna campus as of 2014.
2. How much is the fee for the conference?
The participation fee is €60
3. How many participants will there be at the WebMUN?
WebMUN welcomed more than 100 delegates from more than 55 different countries last year, and is expecting to have equally many delegates at WebMUN 2016.
4. How long will the conference last?
WebMUN is a 3-day conference, with an Expansion Pack for participants still in Vienna on Tuesday the 18th. The Expansion Pack includes the choice between a tour of the UN, or a Secret Vienna Tour, as well as a traditional Austrian breakfast and a visit of the Prater.
5. Is accommodation included in the fee?
Accomodation is not included in the fee, but Webster has a standing deal of 10 percent off with Meiniger Hotels in Vienna.
6. To what airport should I fly to when coming to WebMUN?
The Vienna International Airport is Schwechat airport, and it’s situated only 30 minutes by train from the city center.
7. What does the agenda look like?
This year’s conference will include:
- The committees UN Security Council, The European Council, NATO, OPEC, DISEC, Diplomatic Corps and the Press Committee.
- WebMUN’s motto is ”Revolutionizing Model UN’s”, and this year there will be an added focus to whether or not a country and its representatives are capable of maintaining a good public image as they face critisism, as well as accusations of human rights violations by the press outlets at the conference.
- On top of our innovative conference experience, we also organize a unique social program which includes a traditional Austrian dinner (Yes, paid by us!), club & bar night, and an exclusive closing ceremony with champagne and Hors d'oeuvres. In addition, the participants who are in Vienna on Tuesday the 18th will be able to choose between a tour of the United Nations, or a Secret Vienna Tour.
8. What are three MUST SEE places in Vienna?
Three Must See Places in Vienna:
- City Center or Innerstadt, where old historical and modern buildings encircle the beautiful Gothic and Romanesque styled St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
- The Vienna Ring Road, which folds itself around the central district of Vienna. Along the road you can see buildings such as The Vienna State Opera, The Austrian Parliament building, The Town Hall, and the Palace of Justice.
- Prater, the former emperial hunting ground, which today is a large public park that includes the Wurstelprater Amusement Park and the Wiener Riesenrad, a 64 meters tall ferris wheel constructed in 1897 that today serve’s as the symbol of Vienna for many people.
9. What is the application deadline for the conference?
10. How do I learn more about the conference?
To learn more about the conference, or to apply as a delegate, visit our website at webmun.org