1. When and where will The Danish MUN International Student Conference (DanMUN in further text) happen?
DanMUN 2016 October 17th – October 21st 2016 at the Frederiksberg Palace in Copenhagen.
2. How much is the fee for the conference?
The conference fee is 700DKK.
3. How many participants will there be at the DanMUN?
This year there will be 46 delegates and 4 members of press. We are simulating the Security Council with double delegations and have added a couple auxiliary representations in the interest of debate, which are important to the issue at hand. We have however not filled all the spots available so hurry up and apply! The deadline is the 25th of September!
4. How long will the conference last?
The conference will last for 5 days, with varying activities planned throughout the day spanning from academic to social.
5. Is accommodation included in the fee?
Accommodation is not included with the fee.
6. To what airport should I fly to when coming to DanMUN?
Copenhagen airport (Kastrup) is only a short train ride away from Copenhagen, where DanMUN2016 is held.
7. What does the agenda look like?
The agenda is still undergoing some adjustments, but will focus on revisiting the NPT and the question of international security in regards to weapons of mass destruction.
8. What are three MUST SEE places in Copenhagen?
The UN-City opened last year and is a must see in Copenhagen for anyone interested in the UN. If you are interested in the Cold War, then there is an exhibition at Rigsarkivet about this particular topic. Christiansborg have walking tours with excellent guides and stories about the government through the ages.
Otherwise, strolling down the streets of Copenhagen is a must-do, as there’s something for everyone.
9. What is the application deadline for the conference?
The application deadline is the 25th of September 2016.
10. How do I learn more about the conference?