1. When and where will the Venice Academy of Human Rights course happen?
Dates: Monday, 4 July - Wednesday, 13 July 2016
Venue: EIUC – European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation, Monastery of San Nicolò, Venice - Lido, Italy
2. How much is the fee for the course?
700 – 1320 EUR (depending on elected accommodation option)
3. How many participants will there be at the Venice Academy of Human Rights?
50 -70 participants
4. How long will the course last?
5. Is accommodation included in the fee?
Yes, as an option.
6. To what airport should I fly to when coming to Venice Academy of Human Rights?
Venice airport “Marco Polo” (VCE) or Treviso airport “Sant'Angelo”/“A. Canova” (TSF)
7. What does the agenda look like?
The programme focuses on the topic "Backlash against Human Rights?" The confirmed faculty includes a distinguished opening lecture by Judge András Sajó (Vice-President of the European Court of Human Rights), a general course by Robert McCorquodale (Director of the British Institute for International and Comparative Law) as well as lectures and discussion sessions with Joseph A. Cannataci (UN Special Rapporteur on the right to privacy), Helen Fenkwick (Durham University), Mark Goodale (University of Lausanne) and Geir Ulfstein (University of Oslo). Lectures and seminars will focus on the expansion and resistance to human rights obligations, counter-terrorist laws and policies, restrictions of civil liberties, processes of exclusion and redistribution in society, and the legitimacy crisis of human rights courts.
Participants attend morning lectures, participate in discussion sessions and workshops and can exchange views, ideas and arguments with leading international scholars and experts. This includes the opportunity for a number of participants to present and discuss their own “work in progress” such as drafts of articles, chapters of books or doctoral theses and receive comments from faculty members and peers.
8. What are three MUST SEE places in Venice?
The entire city! :-)
9. What is the application deadline for the Venice Academy of Human Rights?
Application Deadline: 29 May 2016
10. How do I learn more about the Venice Academy of Human Rights?
Hey! Have you seen that we are offering two FULLY FUNDED internships at our offices? Check them out:
P.S. Have you joined our Facebook group yet? It’s the perfect way to stay in touch with all the new opportunities. We are expecting you: