1. When and where will the Global Negotiation Conference (GNC in further text) happen?
The GNC will take place at the University of Bern/World Trade Institute from the 5-7 July 2017.
2. How much is the fee for the conference?
The fee for the conference is 150CHF. This covers all the meals, refreshments, social activities and conference materials.
3. How many participants will there be at the GNC?
Each year we select roughly twelve teams to take part in the conference. So we usually have between 25-30 participants.
4. How long will the conference last?
The conference will last for three days.
5. Is accommodation included in the fee?
Unfortunately participants will have to cover their own travel and accommodation although we do provide recommendations and discounts.
6. To what airport should I fly to when coming to GNC?
There are reasonable flights to Geneva, Zurich and Basel and then Bern is a short train journey.
7. What does the agenda look like?
The first two we have workshops on multiparty negotiation and mediation as well as presentations dealing with negotiation engineering, the role of sub-state actors in international negotiations and digital diplomacy. On the final day participants will take part in a full day multiparty negotiation simulation – eight hours of non-stop negotiating.
8. What are three MUST SEE places in the Bern?
As the GNC will be held in July Students should take a dip in the Aare, see the town bears at the Bärengraben and enjoy the view of the mountains from the Gurten.
9. What is the application deadline for the conference?
We accept team applications up until the 16th April and then a limited number of individual participants, if available, until the 21st May.
10. How do I learn more about the conference?