Post available to Premium Members only. Please upgrade your account in order to apply.
As a member of the team that prepares delegates for MUN-s from UN club at Faculty of Law, We have already organized few simulations of UN bodies. Our next goal is to make a small MUN (just for beginning).
I will represent you my plan how to organize MUN, that I would like to achieve in the near future :)
MUN at your faculty:
- At the beginning of new semester (October/November).
2. Where, and for how long?
- At your faculty :D during the weekend - 2/3 days of debate is enough for the first MUN.
3. Who will participate?
- For the first time the best option is to invite members from UN club (if there's any) or students just from your faculty (you don't need too many people). Try to bring people with previous MUN experience.
- Security Council - is the most attractive and not too big. Each country may represent one or two delegates. (for the first time 30 participants is more then enough)
- The best idea is to choose universal, global topic. For example: MDG's; Climate Change; Arctic; Refugees; Terrorism...
6. Organizing Team?
- For the team you only need 3 of you who will also be a committee chair (president, vice-president, recording secretary) and several volunteers.
- You should prepare over the summer, and you should organize few preparation meetings for participants. Also prepare conference material on time.
- All participants should receive Participation certificate, and the best delegate should receive special certificate and symbolic reward. In cooperation with your faculty get original certificate.
9. Social event?
- At the end of the conference organize cocktail, or a party for all participants.
10. Participation fee?
- For the first time Conference should be free of charge.
- Try to find a sponsor, and since it is difficult for new MUN-s, your faculty support will be more than enough.
That's all! It does not seem so hard :)
Who knows, maybe in the future your MUN will become respectful international conference, with many participants. :D
Tell me about your experience in the preparation of a new MUN-s.