Post available to Premium Members only. Please upgrade your account in order to apply.
Yes - it's this time of the year again, negotiations about the annual MuniMUN conference are well under way, meaning YOU can sign up soon!
The conference is located in the relatively undiscovered Brno, in the Moravian region of Czech Republic. Going to the MUNIMUN conference will provide you with the unique opportunity to experience the true Czech Republic not horded by tourists and get a feel of Czech Republic second largest (student) city.
So, why go to Brno.....?
7 facts that will make you want to visit:
1. Brno is among the top 5 student cities in the world, as awarded by QS best student cities index. Brno has received high ratings for tolerance and inclusivity, ease of getting around and affordability and nightlife.
2. Brno is a major hub of modern architecture, marked by Mies van der Rohe`s 1929 villa Tugendhat (UNESCO) as well as many buildings in the city centre.
3. Brno is the home of the famous Spilberk castle, hosting various temporary as well as permanent exhibitions.
4. Czech people are the world's largest beer consumers. And ofcourse, Brno has its own beer and brewery - StaroBrno, open for tours but also having a restaurant with amazing food, and of course BEER.
5. Brno is located in the midst of Central Europe, making it possible to travel to Vienna, Prague and Bratislava within 3 hours!
6. Brno is the base of the ice hockey team HC Kometa, the second most successful ice hockeyclub in the Czech Republic, having 12 Czechoslovak (and Czech) league championship titles.
7. Czech's currency is the Koruna, making the country affordable (buy half a litre of beer for 40 Koruna! (1,50 eur)).