- Working on deadlines, you submit two articles per month until you reach the target of ten contributions in total.
- Five of them will be related to the object under discussion (eg for Mavericks it was your own city, for Insiders it was your own university etc) and the rest can be up to your personal discretion as long as it is something relevant to the spirit of the platform.
- Professional guidance, quick and expert review on your work, creative proposals when you may suffer from a writer's block and the chance to see your post going viral (when it's shared on the biggest online community, it is not that difficult to write something that will eventually go viral).
- Of course, the certificate that can be added to your cv is also of extreme importance and the same stands for the opportunity of going "Premium" for six months (this means that you have access and prior notification to all the cool stuff that are regularly posted here and the time advantage that you acquire in this case, can lead to very beneficial results- "paid mun opportunities" should do the trick here!)
- First of all, marketing skills. Before working on this program, I was generally aware of the power of social media but never learned/ practiced how to use it to my advance- MUNPlanet guides you from step a to z on how you can use your very own social media accounts to boost your article's visibility. It may sound simple, but it is not (at least not for a humanities girl like myself)
- Creativity- in-depth research: I may be living in Athens but before researching for MUNPlanet, I was not that well aware of my city's secret cool spots etc. (yes, I know I can go out more) In other words, I had to reconsider a lot of my previous thoughts and understand to never be certain on something.
- Consultive MUN is FUN! Writing in web pages can be considered as "consultive form of ModelUN" since you share online your "knowledge" on a topic. Well, as someone who has tried that on quite a few web pages, there's no more "munopolis" environment than MUNPlanet. You can write on what you want, and they are always available to give you an extra set of minds and eyes on your material, questions etc. It feels like working with a happy Frank Underwood or a job secured Harvey Specter.. And on this point, this is probably the most important reason that I really like this platform. Having worked with many MUN organizations, it was in MUNPlanet where I had actually creative freedom in a very well guarded and guided manner. Practically, this translates into me taking responsibility for the content of my writings but they really helped me to understand how to effectively convey my message to a wider crowd! Additionally, one of their main working trends is to remain sharp and active and this is very refreshing. They do not settle for one kind of material but instead love to explore and hear out ideas and projects! So, if I were you and wanted to have fun while getting paid for it, I would check out this for sure ;) (in fact, the only reason I am not applying is my non-convenience with the dates )
P.S. Have you joined our Facebook group yet? It’s the perfect way to stay in touch with all the new opportunities. We are expecting you: