If you really wish to try your luck building a career in the field of writing, you will have to look for a suitable platform, to begin with. Earlier people used to mail their writings to a whole lot of publishers eagerly awaiting their reply. It is a long, drawn-out process and the chances of success are meager.
With advancements in technology, the internet has become the best platform where many Writing Websites are inviting talented people to share their writing to be read by a broader base of the target audience. Here, we share some interesting tips with you that can help you win prizes on these platforms.
Tips to make the most of the writing websites
1. When writing something, avoid writing on sad and depressing topics. Your first writing must be on a positive topic and speak about hope, trust, positivity, and love. It has been seen that readers tend to react positively to happy writings.
2. Avoid writing your own life story because no one is interested to know about your hassles and this gimmick cannot help you earn readers’ pity.
3. It is not unusual for people to pick up characters from people around them on which they would love to write. When picking these characters, it is imperative to find out more about them before writing on them. In these tough times, more and more people are looking for success stories and stories of people who succeeded in life despite alot of challenges.
4. Make sure that your creativity reflects in your writing. Don’t be in a hurry to write something. Collect your thoughts and Write a Story or a poem in such a way that leaves a lasting impression in the minds of the readers.
5. If you want your poem to get noticed in the free poetry contests, you need to have something special in it to get noticed.
6. When penning something for a contest, it is important that rules of the contest are followed. If you try to post your entry without taking terms and conditions of the contest into consideration, your chances of winning the same will be quite low. Stick to the theme and write well within the prescribed word limit.
7. Avoid using coarse and abusive language. Use of cuss words or bad language can deter people from giving a second thought to your writing, and the chances of your winning the contest will be reduced.
8. Your writing must be sharp, short and to the point. Useless details or redundant language is not appreciated.
9. Once you have completed your writing work, go through it again and see if it needs some fine-tuning or polishing. Proofreading is definitely going to help you make your entry perfect increasing your chances to win the contest.
10. Last but not the least, submit your entry on time. You don’t want your best writing to go unnoticed just because you failed to submit it on time.
Following the above tips can help you make your entry one of the best and increase your chances of winning the contest.
About the Author:
The author of the article has an extensive knowledge in the field of Free Poetry contests