Post available to Premium Members only. Please upgrade your account in order to apply.
Ask for PDF Sample with Full TOC athttps://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2663598
Cigarette consumption in Malaysia has fluctuated since 1990 although more recently been in sharp decline as a result of rising prices and a spike in demand for buying from the non-duty paid sector. Awareness of the dangers posed by smoking is increasing, limiting the development of the legitimate sector, while smuggled cigarettes, rising to a reported as high as 58.3% of the overall market as of early 2018 according to BAT.
- Latest estimates place non-duty paid volumes at 10.2 billion pieces in 2017 with a similar level forecast for 2018.
- Tax rises usually exacerbate the non-duty paid problem but the government is keen to raise taxes to deter smoking and raise revenues.
- The market is dominated by three major international manufacturers.
- British American Tobacco (BAT) Malaysia is the clear leader albeit with a reduced 53.9% share in 2017.
- Japan Tobacco International (JTI) ranks second and Philip Morris International (PMI) ranks third.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Malaysia Tobacco Company
Make an Inquiry before Buying@https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2663598
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.