In this article we'll examine how different tattoo removal options are used to help people at all ages to remove tattoos from their bodies they no longer appreciate. One of the many reasons for people to remove tattoos is to get rid of something they don't want to remember, for example a person's name when the love is over.
Tattoo is made on the body by burying color pigments inside the skin's surface. Since it is embedded inside the dermal layers, tattoo can't be easily destroyed even though with severe burn. Tattoos are built to last forever. Removing them is very difficult and expansive. So, how to remove a tattoo and what are the availabletattoo removal in Maryland?
Here are a few common methods on how to remove a tattoo:
1. Remove tattoo with micro dermabrasion: Micro skin dermabrasion method is a sand blasting process that sprays fine abrasive oxide across tattoo areas in order to remove the outer and middle skin layers that hold the tattoo pigments. The body will replace the injured skin surface with new and healthy cells. Some dermabrasion instruments are in the form of polishing wheels to "sand off" the tattoo skin layers. The pain during this procedure is within bearable limits.
2. Remove tattoo through freezing (cryosurgery) method:A localized frostbite is created at tattoo areas through freezing of the skin surface with liquid nitrogen spray. The frostbite with tattoo pigmentation will peel off in the next 3 to 4 weeks after the treatment. Scars may develop with this method.
3. Remove tattoo with chemical peels:Chemical solution and sometimes acid is used to etch away the outer skin layers gradually until the dermal layer with tattoo pigmentation is reached.
4. Remove tattoo with excision:Excision surgery is only suitable for small tattoos. For large tattoos, several treatments are usually required together with a skin graft to cover up the skin. Excision involves a local anesthetic to numb the tattoo areas, and dermal layers with tattoo pigments are cut out of the skin. This method leaves a scar behind.
5. Laser tattoo removal:Laser surgery is the most effective tattoo removal options and has least damage to the skin. The laser beam can be selectively set up to remove tattoo pigmentation without harming the surrounding skin. The healing duration is much shorter with laser surgery except the treatment cost is very high.