It is well known that Instagram's capabilities are unlimited - especially when it comes to selling products or increasing your brand’s awareness.
However, most businesses (and many users) are aware of and use a very small part of the possibilities Instagram is able to offer.
We all know some of the basic functions and we use them every day! But there are also some "hidden" functions, some smart hacks that if we begin to apply them, they will change our Instagram experience radically!
HOW TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS
Yes, in addition to Facebook, you can also receive Instagram notifications whenever an account you follow posts a new photo.
Within the number of people we are following these days and because of the changes on Instagram algorithm, we often miss out on the posts we really want to see! So, in order to never miss a new post from your loved ones again, here’s what you need to do:
1. Visit the Account Profile page for which you want to receive notifications
2. Touch the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the screen
3. Select Enable Notifications for New Posts
* The same option exists so that you can enable notifications for new stories.
* If you change your mind, you can turn it off at any time!
HOW TO SAVE POSTS AND MANAGE THEM WITHOUT LOSING TIME
I often find myself saving several photos that appear on my Instagram feed. Whether it’s an account which we could work together to increase our sales or a beautiful image that would also help our sales. But when I got into my saved publications, until I could find what I was looking for, I was losing even more time.
Time for a little organizing! How to do it:
1. Choose a post you want to save
2. Touch the bookmark icon below the post you want to save
3. Add the post to an existing collection or click the + icon to create and name a new collection
4. To view your saved posts and collections, go to your profile and click on the corresponding bookmark icon to go to the corresponding tab
OLD POSTS AND HOW TO MANAGE THEM
I don’t know about you, but the first photos I published on Instagram, weren’t exactly what we call "business material". Everyone when in front of something new, wants to experiment and see what their audience likes and what sells the most. However, even if these first photos of mine do not reflect my company anymore, I do not want to delete them. They have some element of nostalgia; of when we started the company, and everything was difficult but at the same time interesting and adventurous.
So I started hiding them! Yes, that’s right, you simply hide them, and whenever you want, you can make them re-appear on your profile. Here's how to do it:
1. Tap the three vertical dots at the top of the publication you want to archive
2. Select Archive
3. To view all of your archived posts, simply click on the Upload icon at the top left of your profile
4. If you want to restore content to your public profile, simply tap View on profile at any time and it will appear in its original location
So, these were some hacks that helped me a lot and I think you will find them very useful as well!
But, I am not done yet! If you want to know how to edit the photos you're going to post & store them for future use, how to share your stories as posts, and how to disable your status so it doesn’t show you online, just a little patience until the 2nd part!
Don’t forget... You can follow me on Instagram, and ask me anything regarding these hacks!
And of course, for all of you who always want something more and want to be the first to learn it ... join our community!