Post available to Premium Members only. Please upgrade your account in order to apply.
How to Write a Thesis Statement(Indiana University)
2. Identify possible sources of information in many types and formats.
Georgetown University Library's Guides toResources by Subject
4. Reevaluate the research question based on the nature and extent of information available and the parameters of the research project.
5. Select the most appropriate investigative methods (surveys, interviews, experiments) and research tools (periodical indexes, databases, websites).
6. Plan the research project.
- Overcoming Procrastination(University of Illinois)
7. Retrieve information using a variety of methods (draw on a repertoire of skills).
8. Refine the search strategy as necessary.
9. Write and organize useful notes and keep track of sources.
10. Evaluate sources using appropriate criteria.
11. Synthesize, analyze and integrate information sources and prior knowledge.
12. Revise hypothesis as necessary.
13. Use information effectively for a specific purpose.
14. Understand such issues as plagiarism, ownership of information (implications of copyright to some extent), and costs of information.
Georgetown University Honor CouncilCopyright Basics from the Library of Congress
Plagiarism: What It Is and How to Recognize and Avoid Itfrom Indiana University
15. Cite properly and give credit for sources of ideas.
MLA Bibliographic Form
Turabian Bibliographic Form: Footnote/Endnote
Turabian Bibliographic Form: Parenthetical Reference