The quest for the implementation of SDGs is extremely similar to my quest to hit up the gym every Monday. This is why, every Sunday I eat my favorite fat guilty food and, almost religiously, forget to go to the gym. This is what I have understood that the muniverse has done towards #act4sdgs and feel free to pitch in with any comments at all:
1)Firstly, we understood that something big happened and had to be somehow incorporated into our conferences.
[Muners who worked as UN interns during that period]
2)Then, we struggled for even fancier affiliations considering them as a means of upgrading the status of our conferences.
[Conference organizers asap another affiliation from an Institution they had no idea about came in]
3) The cult and almost traditional action is an SDG pic. Com'on, you have run towards that pile of weird looking placards, picked up the logo you liked the most, posed like a pro and enjoyed the rain of likes that followed afterward- no point to deny it.
[ even my ex-liked this pic, is that good]
4) Some conferences dared to open an SDG related committee and ended up having the Secretariats as delegates to make it viable. Don't try to guess the future of that committee.
["No more delegates for us if we keep this on'']
5) There was a decent effort to quote them in study guides, especially under the "history of the topic" section but the quality of these writings led Marvel to create a new comic series for this alternate universe to be fully presented. Don't forget the "keeptheguidesshort" movement whose influence is growing dramatically over the past years.
[who wrote this? is this really a UN page you are quoting here?]
6) The ones who try because they see a networking opportunity: Oh, yes, there are a lot of MUNs focusing on this particular agenda simply to land some prestigious internships/partnerships for the conference organizers. It would be better though if the SDGs were not treated like another hot topic.
[ regular alpha males, on flirting advice ]
7) Finally, some people had no damns to give and they will just wait for them to be actually interesting so as to include them in future editions. There is also a significant chance that their simulations are way into Disneyland and not the UN system.
On an actually serious note, it would be refreshing to have MUNs assisting in the data collection process with regards to the tracking of the SDGs. The indicators are easy and it would help the UN as well to understand how the muniverse works :)
By the way, can you name the SDGs? (without googling them, you naughty)