There are a lot of Evans out there. Sweet, care and loving MUNers who want to combine Model UN with their object of desire but do not know who. Additionally, if we decline that MUN is not a vibrant dating platform we would be lying to ourselves. So, do you want to offer your boo a date to remember? Do you want to have a themed social event? Do you want ideas on how to impress a very perky but opinionated fellow delegate? Keep on reading then!
If you are a society/conference taking place that day:
- Themed social on speed dating will put you automatically on the A list of conferences to attend. You can have the presenter of the night acting as UNSG of love and moto the night with "UN is about U.N. I". Name the speed dates "lobbies of love", have loads of cheap alcohol, and you will definitely see love in the air.
- Themed society meeting: "The quest for love". Get some chocolate, set the GSL, draw up a bunch of hearts and you can not imagine what will follow...
If you are a delegate, trying to impress someone:
- Try to be sweet and not power getter regardless of your gender. You can use a dose of humor in some speeches "well, we hope that this unmoderated gets an extension because we don't have a date tonight", " we voted in favor with rights to reaffirm the question you have all been secretly asking, yes we are single tonight" etc and the committee will definitely appreciate it. Attention, do not come off as desperate but confident with humor- will have to rehearse a little bit.
- Use flowers, chocolates and anything else that the conference offers strategically.
If you are in a relationship with a MUNer and want to do something special:
- Avoid fights and any silly disarmament type pick up lines. Please, these do not work. Offer to your significant other a registration fee, a new gavel, a new blazer, a new tie and anything else that you think your boo's mun equipment could have upgraded. They will deeply appreciate it and the cost will be equal to underwear or huge teddy bears.
- Recreate the way you met (if at a conference) and offer an album/mini-movie of your time together or negotiate doing together something that your boo loves but you find disgusting. The consensus of love always wins...
P.S. Have you joined our Facebook group yet? It’s the perfect way to stay in touch with all the new opportunities. We are expecting you: