A proper gallery can make your website look extremely appealing! In fact, if you want to add multiple images on your site, it is the best option that you can opt for! Interestingly, there are various WordPress plugins available which can really help you to add galleries to your website. With the built-in functionality, you can very easily create a gallery in WordPress.
Are you willing to come up with one such fantastic gallery in WordPress soon?
This piece of writing will certainly help you out! Just upgrade your technical knowledge a bit and take the following strides. Here, you are going to check out a couple of effective approaches to create a WordPress gallery:
There is an already available built-in feature in WordPress which can let you create a gallery promptly. Actually, this feature is not used up to a great extent but it can do the job effectively. You can create a gallery through this process without even using a plugin. You can do that in the following way:
- Firstly, you will have to edit the page or post to add the image gallery.
- Now, in the post edit screen, you’ve to click on the ‘Add media’ button.
- It’s time to upload the images then.
- Once you are done with this, the WordPress media uploader will come up.
- Here, you can click on ‘select files’ button to upload your photos.
- After the upload and selecting images is done, you’ve to click on the create gallery link from the left column.
- Next, it’s time to click on the ‘create a new gallery’ button.
- Media uploader is ready now with selected images along with gallery settings.
- You can even add the desired caption to each image that you’ve uploaded in your gallery.
- Finally just click on “insert gallery” button.
- It will be the end as the media uploader popup will get closed.
- Thus, you will see the image gallery in your post editor.
- Save and publish the post or page and visit the website to see the working image gallery.
How did you feel? Wasn’t it an easy way?
Above that, the gallery created in this way looks quite pretty enough!
However, there are quite a few demerits of this method, in case you are looking for a very professional gallery on your WordPress website. For example, your images will always open newly in a fresh page, users have to click on the back button, again and again, to take a glance over the gallery and so on. When it comes to the latest feature of a mobile-responsive gallery, this process can’t give rise to one!
Actually, you can opt for this process if you are creating a gallery in the initial level. Howbeit, if you want to gear up your WordPress website with a completely professional look, go for the following method:
Envira Gallery plugin will play a great role here, one of the best WordPress gallery plugins in the market.
What is Envira?
It is one of the great WordPress plugins which can create a completely responsive, stunning gallery with a modern set up to organize images. The super-fast pace of this plugin is not the end of its perks. With many other enthralling attributes like lightbox popup, drag and drop builder, easy image navigation, and professional gallery templates, Envira is a commendable WordPress plugin out there.
Well, now, let’s get started with how it can help you to construct a gallery in WordPress.
- First of all, you’ve to install the Envira Plugin. If you don’t know, here’s how you can make the installation.
- When activated, you’ve to click through Envira Gallery >> settings page to type in your license key.
- You can acquire this key from your Envira Gallery website’s account.
- Here, you’ve to give a title to your gallery.
- Now, just click on ‘select files’ from the computer to upload the images.
- After uploading is done, you can see the photos in the image section.
- It’s very simple now! Just click on the pencil icon in each image and add the caption, alt text or title.
- Here, you can click on the ‘Config’ tab.
- At this point, you can change the gallery settings as per your wish.
- Thereafter, you’re required to click on the lightbox tab.
- This tab will allow you to enlarge images and browse them while being on the same page.
- Finally, you can just publish the gallery and make it visible anywhere on your WordPress website.
How to actually publish a gallery?
You’ve to edit a post or page where you want to display your gallery. On that screen, you will notice the tab which says ‘Add Gallery’. It lies just above the post editor. If you just click on it, a popup will come up where you can select the gallery that you’ve just created. At last, choose the gallery and click on the insert button. Now, you will see a shortcode for the gallery which will appear in your post editor. Save and publish it! Don’t forget to visit your website now to check out the gallery in action.
With this approach, you will end up creating a gallery which is equally great for computer and mobile. Whether it is tapping on the image or swiping along to view the next image, users will be able to do everything.
Isn’t creating a WordPress gallery extremely convenient? If you’ve not made one yet, go for it. Undoubtedly, it will let your website look striking than ever before!
Neil Helson is the marketing manager at Blurbpoint Media, SEO, and digital marketing company. He is passionate about helping small businesses and startups grow online.