Ryerson Law and Business Clinic - Miller Thomson LLP
September 2014 - /
Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General - Crown Law Office Civil
May 2014 - August 2014
Summer Web Editor
June 2011 - August 2014
- Researched and facilitated the collection and editing of school and scholarship information while ensuring up-to-date information in database.
- Completed information system update for websites such as www.SchoolFinder.com and www.ScholarshipsCanada.com.
- Partnered closely with managers to meet tight deadlines on scholarships and school programs, and successfully accomplished the projects.
Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General - MCSCS Legal Services Branch
May 2012 - August 2013
- Major project: Drafted legal memorandum on PTSD for counsel as a guide for her cases involving OPP. Performed comprehensive legal analysis on relevant case law.
- Made revisions to documents by counsel (e.g. legal memos, factums, letters).
- Assisted counsel in crafting Orders in Council - legislation to amend statutory law and close down certain correctional institutions.
- Utilized legal databases such as QuickLaw and CanLii for research purposes (case law and statutory law), and Elite Enterprise for file management purposes.
- Served documents (factum, motion record, book of authorities) upon legal firms and Court of Appeal.
- Collaborated with other legal assistants and law clerks to put together factums, inquest briefs, motion records and books of authorities to be sent out to courts and clients.
- Developed, organized, and completed administrative projects such as: archiving of files, conflict of interest file management, tracking and reconciling of library expenses.
Business Management - Law and Business
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
January 2012 - January 2015
University of Waterloo
Major in Legal Studies, Minor in French
Bachelor of Arts