United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
October 2014 - /
- Research for e-learning courses related to Capacity Building and Sustainable Land Management;
- Collect and prepare content for publication;
- Assist in processing applications, sent in by country Parties and other organizations, for the admission of information in to the databases on this website;
- Prepare content for social media and upload this content for publication;
- Monitor social media for topics relevant for the Capacity Building Marketplace.
Founder and Director of Operations
November 2013 - /
Breaking Barriers is an online educational tool to eliminate racial and religious stereotyping in universities and international organizations.
- In-situ research in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Muscat regarding the impact of Islam in institutions and lifestyle of persons in the region;
- Created online portal to stream and host live webinars, discussion forums, instructional videos and facilitate direct access to internationally-renowned academics, CEOs, ambassadors and youth in conflict regions;
- Presented at the G20 Youth Forum and G20Y CEOs Summit;
- achieved 36% reduction in stereotyping in all implemented projects.
Chief Conference Coordinator
Can Do Conference
November 2013 - August 2014
- Organize the international 3-day Youth Can Do Conference (1-3 May, 2014) at the University of British Columbia;
- Set budget, venue and elect a Board of Directors;
- Select International Global Laureate Fellows to educate Canadian youth on how to start their own NGO or initiative;
- Empower youth to create social enterprise projects.
Press coverage: http://y57.ca/2014/04/27/youth-can-do-conference-initiating-change/
Trade Analyst - External Consultancy
Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada - West
April 2014 - May 2014
- Direct 4-day Brescia (Italy) Chamber of Commerce Trade Mission to Vancouver and Seattle;
- Manage logistics and legal division of the Trade Mission;
- Obtained 5 business partnerships for each of the 7 companies.
Go Global Exchanges Communications Assistant
The University of British Columbia
September 2013 - April 2014
- Create, edit, and proofread content intended for the web, social, and other channels;
- Assist in the development of high quality communications that adhere to the Student Services
- Create and edit content within content management systems (Drupal, Mura,
- Develop and implement plans for user testing and create summary reports;
- Work within a strategic and integrated communications plan.
School of International Relations and Pacific Studies
December 2012 - July 2013
- Formulate, distribute and conduct a large institutional survey on the future relations between US and UK;
- Research risk management protocols of the Canadian Government;
- Analyze collected data;
- Develop models useful to study strategic and policy documents needed to foresee future predictions; - Provide assistance in review and editing of final report.
Building President- Elected High Council Member
August 2011 - May 2013
- Organize large-scale events and restricted gatherings to connect the residence community;
- monitor the financial expenditures of the compound and act as an intermediary between residents and management;
-facilitate students’ transition to campus-life.
June 2012 - July 2012
- Develop a comprehensive database of environmental research institutions operating within the Balkans and report their activities in the IEMed Yearbook 2012;
- Translate academic articles in English, Italian, Spanish and French;
- Research, analyze and upload scientific and economic articles on the online research database of the Institute (http://www.iemed.org/observatori-es);
- Assistance in editing the Yearbook 2012 and the Online Observatory;
- Event-planning during the Institute’s conferences and lectures.
Paul Landauer Architecture
June 2009 - July 2009
- Contribute to the design and preparation of firm’s communication booklet using InDesign software;
- Use of AutoCad and PhotoShop for project development;
- Field visits to monitor progress of construction sites.
The University of British Columbia
International Relations and Affairs, Environment & Society
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
January 2010 - January 2014
Political Science and Government
International Studies and Environmentalism