Contractor via a temporary agency under the MERCI (Management of External Resources for (re)Classification and Indexing) Team of the European Patent Office (EPO)
1. REPA Maintenance: Processing examiners' requests regarding patent classification.
2. CPC Maintenance: Registering examiners' requests regarding the Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC).
3. CPC Projects: Assisting in various CPC projects jointly managed by EPO and the US Patent and Trademark Office.
4. Event Management: Assisting in the organization and management of visits from other Patent Offices.
Patent Re-Classification Intern
European Patent Office
September 2013 - March 2014
Intern as a Trainee under the Science and Engineering 2013 Internship Programme of EPO.
1. Training relating to IP in general, the patent granting process and classification systems, and the tools used by examiners.
2. Re-classification of patent applications in the field of glass manufacturing under the supervision of an examiner.
3. Get an insight into the latest R&D trends.
4. Report to a tutor and the HR department.
International Projects Technician
LEITAT Technological Center
April 2013 - August 2013
Intern as a Leonardo da Vinci Trainee under the Lifelong Learning Programme "Leonardo da Vinci - The European Programme for Vocational Education and Training"
1. Support in proposal preparation under international public funding schemes (FP7,Eco-Innovation, Life+).
2. Support in project management, mainly in the field of Transport, under the supervision of a tutor.
3. Search for new funding opportunities.
4. Search for international consortiums.
November 2008 - March 2009
Salesperson at the Nespresso stall in "Notos Home" shopping Center.
3. Maintenance of the stall.
4. Maintenance of the stock of appliances in the warehouse of the shopping center.
University College London, U. of London
Materials for Energy and Environment
Master of Science (MSc)
January 2011 - January 2012
Universidade do Porto
January 2010 - January 2010
Ethnikon kai Kapodistriakon Panepistimion Athinon / University of Athens