A passionate and professional graduate engineer, who enjoys being part of a successful and productive team. Quick to grasp new ideas and concepts, and to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems. Able to work well on own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. Even under significant pressure, possesses a strong ability to perform effectively.
I believe that Engineers should not only be people who think and act – as they love to identify themselves – but also persons who re-think after they have acted, and improve upon their work constantly. For me therefore, Engineering is not just a job or prospective career, but rather a philosophy, lifestyle and culture that I have lived every waking hour of my days.
Ministry of Water and Environment, Directorate of Water Resources Management, Uganda
August 2016 - /
• Participating in the formulation and review of Water resource policies and standards.
• Participating in the administration of water abstraction permits.
• Participating in the preparation and review of national water resource management plans.
• Providing technical advice, support supervision and training to Local Government personnel and private sectors engaged in management of water resources.
• Participating in the management, administration and networking of the division
• Implementing national and regional water resources use and allocate plans.
• Reporting on current and future water use and demand compared to water resources availability for various catchments/basins in Uganda.
• Spearheading implementation of application tools for equitable allocation of water resources including monitoring water usage.
• Spearheading implementation of water demand management and water use.
• Preparing and reviewing national ground water resources management plans.
• Carrying out ground water resources assessment and planning activities.
• Controlling and managing disasters caused by or related to water.